Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: old DVD ramble

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    while I'm waiting to download the third EP2 trailer from http://giraf.elte.hu/~trailer/ep2_fo..._love_m640.rar let me just say that since getting a multiregion DVD player I've been haunting www.play.com, and refreshing my collection with some older titles.

    Krull, 1983 -- LOL, it has Liam Neeson and Tucker Jenkins, Pete Postlewaite, Robbie Coltrane in it!! That's funny! But the concept of the slayer's weapons still rocks.

    And then there's the first mini-series of "V" -- damned it's still a fantastic piece of subversive television. Americans committing acts of terrorism against a mightier foe with a hidden agenda -- or perhaps we should call them freedom fighters ;-)

    Willow's out R1 later this month, geesh, it's directed by Ron Howard, stars Val Kilmer and's got a loada midgets in it. And some two head monster. And Pat Roach is the baddie.

    American Werewolf in London -- finally get to see it with picture clarity rather than in dark-smudgey VHS-O-Vision, excellent! Good extras on the disc too.

    Ah, and Robocop. Ridiculous concept but superbly executed.

    Oh well, I've managed to bore even myself now. See ya later. I really hope this third Star Wars trailer actually has some non-crumby acting in it -- guess that'll be down to Ian McDiamrodsfgsgdeg-a-ma-jig (Emperor dude/Sidious)

    ------------------
    N305UDB M173UBM
    (B55VOR)
    (WGO963W)

  2. #2
    Ralph Snart
    Guest Ralph Snart's Avatar

    Post

    I hated that they killed him off in Episode 1.

    He welded the movie together.

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 1999
    Posts
    360
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dont buy ROBOCOP OF PLAY!!!!!!!! Its the R rated version, shop around and see if you can find the UNRATED DIRECTORS CUT much better and has more features on it, the R version just has a trailer,
    other DVD places for region one are
    www.pictureparadise.co.uk
    www.discemporium.com
    www.vidshop.com - only for those of us over 18 thanks!

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 1999
    Posts
    360
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    By the way miker, what do u use to view the trailer once you downloaded it, i am having a bit of difficulty with it

    ------------------

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thanks for those over DVD links.

    to playback the EP2 trailer from the link above, you need the DivX codec from http://www.divx.com/divx/index.php and best part is that it's an entirely free codec based on MPEG4 (likely the de facto standard IMO since everyone else except these guys are too busy filling their coffers with licensing fees for the encoders which a lot of individuals can't afford, yeah the players might be free just like the targetted advertising and intrusive pop-ups that come with them but I'll shut up now shall I)

    it's the best trailer for ep2 so far IMO

    oh, and won't an 'unrated' version be a tame in-flight movie version?? The R version I have plays as I remember it ... I'm not that interested in extras so much, more whatever costs less!

    ------------------
    N305UDB M173UBM
    (B55VOR)
    (WGO963W)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •